Cancer Sucks

Cancer Sucks

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Study Finds Cheddar Biscuits Relieve Stress of Chemo

Well, I survived the night and came back for more.  Mostly just really really tired. I kept waiting for the nausea and vomiting to happen but thankfully there was NONE!!  At least for Day One.  I have read that some side effects take several days to appear, so keeping my fingers crossed!!  Day Two required two bags of drippings!! One:  Anti-nausea drugs; Two - Hydration.  And then one really big expensive shot to increase production of healthy blood cells.  I thought sure they would be able to put the in the iv, but Noooooo.  They put it in my arm.  Ouch!!!  Margie and Mom were my companions again on Day Two!  What wonderful gals!!  After the first hour, Margie walked to Red Lobster and got us some soft drinks and a bag of their most wonderful awesome cheddar biscuits.  Yum Yum!  The highlight of chemo!  The nurse said we weren't supposed to have food in the treatment room, but she liked us and let us eat to our hearts content!  Felt well enough to drive home again on day two! 


Thank you Lord for my wonderful family and friends!  I am truly truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment