Cancer Sucks

Cancer Sucks

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Going Going Gone?

The books tell you that between days 10 and 14 your hair will start to fall out.  Well, Day 10 came and of course I pulled wildly on my hair just to test it.  Still there!  Day 11, 12 - same thing.  Well, today was Day 13 and lo and behold I noticed that when I pulled on my hair in the morning, I'd lose a few strands. Nothing major.  Maybe it was my imagination.  Day wears on....more strands when I'd run my hands through my hair at work.  Must be my imagination.  Evening comes and time to wind down and get ready for bed. Tried another test pull just on my bangs for grins. After all, tomorrow is Day 14 - THE Day!!  Out of about 50 hairs pulled, at least 10 released in my grip! I am in the throes of hair loss.  It's official. The books don't lie as much as you want them to be untrue or for everybody but you.  I anticipate the hair on my pillowcase in the morning like a kid who loses a tooth and waits anxiously for the quarter from the Tooth Fairy. Strange, huh?  I guess it's my "right of passage."  Chemo is just doing what it does best.  Kicking cancer to the curb.  And in the process a bit of hair.  Nothing to worry about.  (smiles)

No comments:

Post a Comment